15 Quick Ways to Improve Your LinkedIn Profile
Continuing our series of Guest Blogs, here Kim Gilmour of Connect Consultancy gives advice on how to improve your LinkedIn profile in a few easy steps.
LinkedIn is a very powerful platform for building a network of useful connections and for getting yourself noticed if you are job hunting. But are you making the most of all of the features to bring your profile to the attention of the right people?
Top Tips for Improving your LinkedIn Presence:
- Make sure the ‘Notify your Network button’ is off before making substantial changes to your profile
- Make sure your Photo is flattering and appropriate
- Ensure your Contact information is up to date
- Change your Headline to reflect your role not your job title
- Use Keywords (words that people would use in a search) throughout your profile – great for SEO
- Make sure you have changed your Public URL
- Build your Connections – but quality not quantity
- Add more Skills and seek endorsements
- Re-order information if necessary
- Go back and amend the headlines for your past jobs so they reflect your role, make the
entries concise (avoid waffle and spin), make it relevant to the role you are seeking
- Make sure you have endorsements for the skills that you want to be known for, ask people to
endorse you if you haven’t and re-order your skills to show the most relevant
- Get some valid Recommendations
- Add some Media to your sections – pictures, documents, videos, SlideShare
- Post and comment in Status Updates
- Publish longer articles – these will appear on your profile.
If you live in Shropshire, Staffordshire or the Black Country and want some one-to-one coaching on how to improve your LinkedIn presence, then get in touch with Kim Gilmour on 07870 541 726. Or visit www.connect-consultancy.co.uk for more information on affordable, outsourced marketing expertise.
Return to all Blogs